Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Welcome To My New Room!


Come on in and I'll show you around!


My changing table - fully equipped with fishie mobile from the Anderson family and tickle me Cookie Monster. The hooks that Aunt Lauren and Uncle Travis gave me hold my "World's Greatest Sailor" life preserver and hopefully a sailors hat soon.


My crib with sailboat bumper, duvet and pillow (thank you Granddad and Grandma Maria). The letters are my initials that Leina Jo gave me.


My hutch holds all my books, which I love to be read each night during story time before bed. Goodnight Moon is always a big hit but I especially like it when Daddy reads me Cat in the Hat in Latin - or should I say Cattus Petasatus!



The small rocking chair was made by my great grandfather. Mr. Star hangs over my crib and has given me hours of entertainment. We have had some good conversations over the past few months.

My parents want to paint my room blue, but we have to get permission from the landlord first. As you can see, the theme is nautical. Momma is dying to buy more stuff for my room, but maybe Santa will beat her to it. Soon our family photos will be coming in and a few of them will go on my walls too. Once we move into the house we buy (not rent) then we may get a mural painted on the wall.


Everyone is always asking about my sleep! I am doing really well and sleeping better and better each night. Thanks for all the concern, but not to worry. I am comin' along just fine.

As for other big news there are a few things. One, I am starting to sit up unassisted. And I have to say that my posture is better than Momma's. Two, we are going to Disney World at the end of the month for a special Christmas thing they have in the evening. Momma says there will be lots of lights - oooh! Three, I am continuing to explore the world of solid foods - some are better than others. So far I like sweet potatoes, rice cereal, and bananas. I tried squash and it was just okay. I also had some applesauce, but due to the red splotches that ensued on my face and head after the applesauce, we are going to avoid that for now. But I do have some footage of me eating applesauce (before the red spots) that we are going to try to get on the blog soon.

Well, it is past my bedtime so I am going to say goodnight to y'all.
Goodnight.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, Edward, your room looks awesome! Your parents did a good job of bringing the theme together despite the paint issue. It looks super cute...almost as cute as you. :)
See you soon!
Love,
Aunt Lauren & Uncle Travis

Anonymous said...

I like it too! Especially the wooden initials! Hope to see you soon,
;) Leina